We are so amazingly blessed to live in a country that supports women business owners, and allows us to chase after our dreams. This year has been fabulous so far, we have had the opportunity to work with amazing clients and outstanding vendors. A GIGANTIC thank you to all of you who continue to cheer us on! We are streamlining processes, and brainstorming for ways to serve each of clients and vendors better! We have some new marketing materials on the way, and will be doing some giveaways the beginning of next year...stay tuned!!!
While the 4th of July is certainly an inspirational time for weddings and the use of the colors red, white, and blue...it is also an inspirational time for yummy BBQ treats! If you wish to forego the traditional wedding cake and have something a little more unique to serve at your wedding, rehearsal dinner, or backyard bbq, here is one of my FAVORITE summer treats...
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1 3/8 cups cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 inch pizza pan.
* To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix together flour, butter and sugar; dough should be dry. Spread into pizza pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until brown. Allow to cool completely.
* To Make Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread into cooled crust. Top with fruit.
And of course you need cocktails at a 4th of July celebration!!! Here are some of my favorite:
3 Oz Vodka
4 Oz Pineapple Juice
2 Oz Cream of Coconut
1 Teaspoon Confectioners' sugar, or more if desired
1 Cup Crushed Ice
2 Slices Pineapple, speared with 2 maraschino cherries on toothpicks, for garnish
* Combine the vodka, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, sugar, and ice in a blender.
* Blend on high speed until frothy and well combined, about 30 seconds.
* Pour into 2 chilled glasses, and garnish with the pineapple slices and umbrellas.
1 ounce watermelon schnapps
1 big splash cranberry juice
1 very thin slice jalapeno or serrano pepper
1 slice lemon
1 slice lime
1 1/2 ounces tequila
1/4 ounce blue curacao
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Watermelon wedge, for garnish (optional)
* Mix the schnapps and cranberry juice in a shaker; pour into an ice-filled glass.
* Muddle the jalapeno pepper, lemon and lime slices, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup (to make a batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill) in the shaker. Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer. Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
HAVE A VERY HAPPY & SAFE 4TH OF JULY!!!