Friday, January 1, 2010

Jaime & Steve




Jaime & Steve on the night of their engagement


Jaime is a friend that I have met through Twitter and is such an inspiration to me in many ways.  She is a sweetheart and true woman of God and I am blessed that she was willing to share her story with me and with you:

I am that girl. I have fantasized about being engaged, planning a wedding and being married my whole life. I love being out in public and seeing that adorable elderly couple who can't stop staring in each others eyes, who hold hands and take a walk down the street. I love catching my parents laughing together and talking on the front porch.




Since the beginning of this past September, I had been nagging my then boyfriend, now fiancé Steve about what we were going to do for my 26th birthday. And he kept saying that we would probably go out to breakfast at a local diner dive, and then hang out and watch movies. Saturday morning finally came. Steve and I were both getting over this awful cold! I really thought we were just going to hang out and be sick together. Around 8:30 I woke up to the sounds of pots and pans banging in my kitchen. I thought maybe my room mate was up and doing dishes, so I got out of bed and saw an envelope under my door. I opened it and there was a message from Steve! It said that I was being treated to a spa day, to be ready to go at 11:30 and that we had dinner reservations! SCORE!! I totally thought this was my whole birthday present! I went to the kitchen where Steve was making a gourmet breakfast!



After breakfast, Steve dropped me off at the spa where I had a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. It was so wonderful! The whole time I was thinking, what a wonderful amazing boyfriend I had. After I was done, I came home and got ready for dinner. As we were walking down the stairs, Steve turned to me and said "I don't really feel like driving." So I offered to drive, but when I opened the door there was a limo waiting for us on the curb! I was shocked! But still clueless! The limo dropped us off at the incline in Pittsburgh. We went in and paid our fair to go to Mt. Washington--there was no one on the incline except for us, but then another lady came to the window to pay. Steve got up and mumbled something about asking the operator when we would be going up. He walked away, said something to the operator and came back. The door shut and we started going up the incline, without the lady who paid!



Steve came back and said to me "Jaime, you know how last year on your birthday I gave you a promise ring and said that one day we would get engaged?"

I said: Yes???

Then he got down on one knee, pulled out the most PERFECT ring I have ever seen and said: "Jaime Lyn Carter, will you marry me?"It was the best moment of my life!! I obviously said yes, lunged into his arms for a hug and started shaking! It was so funny because I really didn't get a good look at the ring, so he had to say: "Jaim, look!" And open the box again. Steve had made reservations where I started crying the moment we walked in the door because what just happened felt like a dream! I am in AWE of how God has answered my prayers for a future husband. Steve could not be better suited for me. I used to spend countless nights wondering who God made for me, who would be my life long companion and now I know! Steve is amazing and I'm so excited to start my life with him!
 
I hope everyone is as lucky as Brian & I, Jaime & Steve, Julie & Steve, and Erin & Tyler are to find their perfect match that God has placed on this earth for them.  Let these stories be inspirations to you that the right thing will come to when it's meant to - not a minute before and not a minute after.
 
Jaime & Steve are set to tie the knot on April 30th, 2010 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
 
To keep updated on the progress of their wedding planning please visit http://juniorweddingplanner.blogspot.com/

http://www.petalsplanningco.com/
courtney@petalsplanningco.com

No comments: