Sunday, January 10, 2010

AMAZING Love - Part I

This weekend I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of Joel Sonnenberg and Maria Constanze Solarte.  Joel Sonnenberg has an amazing story, as does his wife Maria.  They are both such an inspiration!!!

I just flew in this afternoon and had to post right away to share with you all how touched and in awe I was of this couple.  One of the songs at the beginning of the ceremony was "Amazing Love."  This has always been one of my favorite songs growing up, however, it now has new meaning.  As I listened to the lyrics:

I'm forgiven, because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well, your spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again


Amazing love, how can it be?
That you my King would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
And it's my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

The song this weekend was a reminder to me that God is faithful.  No matter what our life situation, He is in control and watching out for each of us.  I must admit, I was really teary eyed watching the ceremony.  I was holding my seven month old daughter in my arms and just thanking God for the blessing of being married to the most amazing man who truly was meant for me, and for allowing us to have the most precious baby girl on the planet (okay, so I might be a little biased). 

The fact that somebody gave their life so that me, my husband, my daughter, mom, dad, sister, etc. may have eternal life is AWESOME!  I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such awesome people in my life - most of whom are part of my family.  I watch my cousins and second cousins grow and mature each time I see them, and watch as people move, get married and have children.  None of us are good at staying in touch, but when we see each other we just pick up where we left off. 

Joel and Maria's wedding was a true testimony to God's faithfulness and made me reflect upon the blessings in my own life, especially the people and their love that surround me.

Part II coming SOON!

http://www.petalsplanningco.com/
courtney@petalsplanningco.com


1 comment:

WeddObsessed said...

I love where their priorities were!
=)